Monday, December 5, 2011

Vintage T-shirt quilt- Boy baby blanket idea

So after I saw this post HERE on Ruffles and Stuff about Disney making a pillow for her husband's man cave, I instantly fell in love.  This is the theme I wanted for my son's room.

I ventured to the thrift store to find my vintage finds...here is what I found. 



I used the grey and white polka dot fabric I used on the bumper I made HERE for the binding, to bring the two nursery peices together.  Now the opposite side is the super plush minky I got on sale at Joann's.  That stuff can be super expensive to only buy it on sale!  I chose baby blue to match the crib sheets.  So I guess you can say the nursery colors are grey, white, baby blue, and t-shirt randomness!!  I love it! 
My sweet husband didn't see the vision when I explained how awesome it would look, but now that the blanket is done, you know what I will be showing him as soon as he steps in the door from work...yep!!



don't you wanna snuggle???


2 comments:

  1. Tricia! I love! Great job and what a great idea! Love that hot profile pic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Very cool finds too! I wish I could find shirts like that at my local thrift stores! I might have to make one of these from my partners' old shirts (if he'll ever trust me to attack them with scissors!LOL)

    ReplyDelete