Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Garden update debunking a Pinterest epidemic

Ok so if you have been following me on Pinterest and on my Facebook page you know I have been gardening. It all started on regrowing items from kitchen scraps like celery, romain, mad green onions. Onions...working great. I trim as I need to and they are right on my kitchen window sill. Celery, I have about 5 going...they are growing, but its a long process with those...the romain?...not working much, yes it grows but I'm not sure it ever grows into the once big head of lettuce it once was. I can't find any success stories out there on regrowing romain. I guess you can at the small leaves. This one I have pictured is the biggest one I have. I have had it for almost 2 months. Most lettuce takes just about 1 1/2 months. I'm gonna rip these babies out and plant more greens that I have actually planted and are about ready to harvest from the little seeds. Soooo moral of this story...don't waste time with regrowing romain. It takes less time to grow from seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment