Thursday, September 18, 2014

Canvas DIY

I'll be the first to admit that I hate spending money on something I know I could make easily and without a lot of money and time spent on it.  There are just some things I know are better to be bought and I will be happy to admit that as well.  Everyone has their thing.  I will happily buy a quilt, or quiet book, cause the thought of making it makes me want to poke my eyeballs out with a rusty screw driver.  Ha ha.  When it comes to art, I do it.  I am an artist and have grown up drawing for hours at my small, wooden table in the room up stairs under the window while the sun shined through those cheap plastic blinds.  That passion turned into loving the detail of still life.  I could sit and draw every single crack in the brick of the house across the street, or my complete backyard even the pile of fire wood next to the shack.  That soon turned into drawing faces.  Faces of those pretty celebrities in the magazines, then my first portrait was of my cousin that had passed away when I was 12.  That is when I really knew that I had it.  The gift.  I have been able to do so much with my portraits.  I have been able to help a lot of people through my portraits.  With that, I have learned to love all things crafty.  Almost all things.  Like I said earlier, there are some crafts that are just not for me. 

  So as I was browsing through pinterest for some DIY ideas in décor.  I came across a sweet canvas that wasn't in the DIY section, but I knew I would like to make it.  an I love You canvas.  If you can write you can do this project.  What I like is that it doesn't have to be "pretty" handwriting.  If can be chicken scratches.  The only thing it requires is repetitive, writing.  So I did two different styles with two different quotes.  I used simple Acrylic Craft Paint in black right on the white canvas.  Simple and I did two in a matter of about 30 minutes. I like how it turned out and I am excited to put it up in a permanent location in my new home in January! eeekkkk Im gitty.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment